Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Birth of the Short Story

I have finished the second draft of a short story I am working on. I take the word short to its most extreme usage, the story is currently only 675 words (about three pages). This is my first serious attempt at fictional prose in a while, so its short length is most likely due to my being habituated to poetry and blogging. I'll probably publish it in the next two weeks, either before or after my trip to Yosemite depending on how it's going. 
My blogging class just ended, I had the last lesson today. I find it truly inspiring to see what I can come up with when I really have to; hopefully I don't get lazy and go back to my old posting pattern once my obligation is over. It has been a fun, though stressful, journey and I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have. I had my ups and downs but I don't regret any of it and I look forward to the next 9 days with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment