Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Adorned Walls

Sorry for a short post today. I will share a sonnet I wrote, it's not one of my best as far as structure (I experimented with 8 syllables per line and 10 for the finishing couplet, instead of  10 for all the lines.) or content (I feel I could have better rendered the metaphor, which was actually taken from another poem I wrote along time ago called "Cold Sunshine." You can find it on my main blog).

I plan on editing it later, but here is the raw first draft.


The moon illuminates my soul
These walls are bare like winter leaves
I cleared this space and took my toll
I feel empty myself to weave  
I gave my soul in charity
To someone rich who needed not
Adorned this hall with memories
Torn pages that were mine I thought
How much we make and how much steal
An unbalanced scale shows a harsh truth
Tell yourself the truth keep it real
Will yourself and faith you shall prove
Bedeck these walls with your pain your success
Live YOUR life if you haven't start fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment